Payment of Utility Bills:
TOWN OF STANTONSBURG
UTILITY RULES AND GUIDELINES
Effective January 1, 2021
- Utility bills are mailed by the 25th of each month.
- Payments are due by the 1st but you have until the 10th before it is delinquent. After the 10th there will be a $10.00 penalty added and you are subject to cut-off anytime after the 12th without further notice.
- There is a depository beside the door for payments after hours and week-ends and an online payment option.
- If the 10th falls on the weekend or a holiday, the payment needs to be in the depository by 8:00 a.m. the next business day.
- Two (2) emergency extensions per year are granted per household. These are determined by your permanent town hall records. Bring a letter of request to the town hall BEFORE the 10th if you need an extension. These extensions are granted until the 20th of the month by lunchtime.
- If your name appears on the cut-off list and the list has gone out of the office for cut-off, you will be charged the $35.00 reconnect fee. You will also be required to raise your deposit to the maximum amount of $400.00. Please do not wait until cut-off day to ask for an extension!
- There is a flat rate charge for electric, water and sewer whether there is actual usage or not if the meter is installed.
- If your bill is not paid in full and the remaining balance is $20.00 or less, it will be added to your next bill plus a $10.00 penalty. If the remaining balance is more than $20.00, you will be subject to cut-off without further notice.
- RETURN CHECK POLICY…After two (2) returned checks, no check payment is allowed for two (2) years. After that time, a written letter may be submitted to the board for approval to accept a check for payment.
- If you are required to pay the maximum deposit due to delinquencies on your credit report, you may contact online information services for a credit report by accessing this address:
ONLINE INFORMATION SERVICE
PO BOX 1489
WINTERVILLE, N.C. 28590
CUSTOMER WARNING: THERE IS AN ON-LINE BILL PAY WEBSITE THAT APPEARS TO BE AFFILIATED WITH THE TOWN OF STANTONSBURG, BUT IT IS NOT. DOXO.COM IS A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO PAY THEIR ELECTRIC BILLS VIA THEIR SITE. HOWEVER, DOXO.COM MAY CHARGE THE CUSTOMER EXTRA FEES, AND THE TOWN OF STANTONSBURG CANNOT CONTROL WHEN WE WILL RECEIVE THE CUSTOMER’S PAYMENT FROM DOXO.COM, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A LATE PAYMENT FROM THE CUSTOMER OR EVEN DISCONNECTION DUE TO NON-PAYMENT.
Utility payments can be sent to the Town of Stantonsburg at:
Town of Stantonsburg
PO Box 10
Stantonsburg, NC 27883
If you would like, you may come by Town Hall during working hours to pay your bill in person or place your payment in our drop box in the front of Town Hall after hours.
Payment of Utility Bills is due by 5:00 p.m. on 1st of every month. You have until the 10th of the month before it to be considered delinquent. You may also put your payment in our drop box located in front of Town Hall after 5:00 p.m. on the 10th and your payment will be considered on time as long as its in our drop box before we open on the next business day.
IF YOU NEED TO REQUEST AN EXTENSION, YOU MUST DO SO BEFORE THE MONTHLY TOWN COUNCIL MEETING!! BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2018 THERE WILL BE AN EXTENSION FEE OF $25.00 PLUS THE $10.00 LATE FEE TO ANYONE WHO IS GRANTED AN EXTENSION. THE TOWN COUNCIL GRANTS THE EXTENSIIONS, THE OFFICE STAFF CAN NOT GRANT EXTENSIONS.
After the 10th of the month, all utility accounts still showing a balance will have a penalty added to their bill. This late penalty is $10.00. (Please note the Town does not accept partial payments).
ALL ACCOUNTS WITH A BALANCE AFTER THE 10TH IS SUBJECT TO CUT OFF ANYTIME AFTER THE 12TH WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE
.If your bill is not paid in full and a balance of $20 or less is remaining it will be added to your next bill plus a $10 penalty. If the remaining balance is more than $20 you will be subject to cut off without further notice.
Once the cut-off list goes out of the office, those listed on the list are automatically charged a $35.00 reconnect fee regardless if utilities have yet been cut off. You will also be required to raise your deposit to the max amount of $400.00.